Paneer Kadai Recipe with Scrambled Paneer with step by step pictures.
Hello foodies. Today I am sharing a very popular paneer recipe. It’s called Kadai Paneer. Kadai means skillet and this dish is made in a skillet and uses a special Kadai Masala. I had shared the recipe of Kadai Chicken. You can check it out here. It also mentions the recipe of Kadai Masala.
Restaurant style Kadai Paneer is made with paneer cubes. But what if you do not have paneer cubes? What if you have just homemade scrambled cottage paneer? Yesterday, I had some homemade cottage cheese and I was in no mood to make the same old Paneer Bhurji. So I decided to make Kadhai Paneer with scrambled paneer. The result was an equally delicious, creamy and flavorful Kadai Paneer with juicy bits of veggies.
If you want to take the recipes of paneer/cottage cheese that I has shared previously, do check out the links given below.
- Tawa Paneer Recipe
- Paneer Bhurji Recipe
- Shahi Paneer Recipe
- Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Paneer Tikka Masala
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Chole Paneer Recipe
- Paneer Paratha Recipe
- Tangy Paneer & Capsicum Stir-Fry
- Paneer Mushroom Masala Recipe
If you would want to use scrambled cottage cheese in any recipe, it’s always best to make it fresh at home. You can check out how to make cottage cheese at home here –How to Make Paneer at Home.
And you can find the recipe of Kadai Masala here – How to Make Kadai Masala.
Let’s begin with the recipe of Kadai Paneer with scrambled paneer. This recipe yields 3-4 servings. For the purpose of measurement, 1 cup = 250 ml.
- Use red, ripe tomatoes.
- Adjust the quantity of chat masala depending on the sourness of the tomatoes.
- Onion – 2 medium, chopped
- Onion – 1 medium, diced and layers separated
- Ginger – 1-inch piece, finely crushed
- Garlic – 12 cloves, finely crushed
- Capsicum – 1 large, diced
- Tomato – 1 large, diced and seeds removed
- Tomato – 1 large, finely chopped
- Tomato – 1 large, pureed
- Cottage cheese / scrambled paneer – 300 grams
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Kadai Masala – 3 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Kasoori Methi – 2 tsp, dry roasted and crushed between your palms
- Green chilies – 2, chopped
- Green chilies – 3, split lengthwise
- Chat masala – 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Water – 1/2 cup
How to Make Kadai Paneer with Scrambled Paneer
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add the onions and saute them till they turn golden brown.
- Add in the ginger and garlic and saute till the raw smell disappears.
- Add in the finely chopped tomato and cook it till it gets mushy.
- Add in the red chili powder, salt, and chopped green chilies.
- Add in the tomato puree and cook it till the raw smell disappears.
- Now the mixture should look like this.
- Add water and bring it to a boil.
- When the mixture dries up a bit again, add in the diced onion, and diced capsicum.
- Add in the scrambled cottage cheese/paneer.
- Add in the diced tomato and garam masala.
- Add in the kasoori methi and kadai masala. Mix well.
- Add in the split green chilies.
- Finish with some chat masala.
- Allow the paneer to cook for 2-3 minutes so that it absorbs all the flavors and oil begins to separate. Keep the flame on high and keep mixing to avoid burning.
- Kadai paneer is ready to be served. Serve hot with rotis or naan. Enjoy!