Hello foodies. Today I am sharing the recipe of Egg Rice with step-by-step pictures, which is very delicious yet simple. Up until now you might have had egg rice that has either boiled eggs or scrambled eggs. But this recipe has two kinds of them- boiled eggs and omelette!
You can make this recipe with leftover rice, like I did. Or you can make fresh ones as all. These double eggs rice are absolutely sumptuous! The bits of juicy omelette tossed in spices are a delight! If you are looking for more rice recipes, don’t forget to check out the Vegetable Schezwan Fried Rice recipe made with Homemade Schezwan Sauce, Vegetable Pulao and Malabar Chicken Biryani.
Let’s get started with the recipe for Double Egg Rice now. For the purpose of measurement, 1 cup=250 ml. This recipe yields 4 servings.
For Preparing the Omelette
- Eggs – 3
- Salt – to taste
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp, chopped
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Hard-boiled eggs – 3
- Steamed rice – 3 cups
- Onions – 1 large, finely chopped
- Onion – 1 medium, diced and layers separated
- Tomato – 1 large, finely chopped
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp or to taste
- Turmeric – 1/3 tsp
- Everest Chicken Masala – 1 tsp
- Green chilies – 3, split lengthwise
- Coriander leaves – a handful
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Ginger – 1-inch piece
- Garlic – 10 cloves
- Cloves – 2
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
How to Make Double Egg Rice
- Pound together the ginger, garlic, cloves, and cumin seeds in a mortar and pestle.
- Heat oil in a skillet and add in the finely chopped onions. Saute them till they turn golden brown.
- Add in the ginger and garlic mixture and saute for a minute or two till the raw smell goes away.
- Next, add in the tomato and some salt. Cook till the tomatoes get mushy and the oil begins to separate.
- Add in the turmeric powder, red chili powder, black pepper powder and Everest Chicken Masala. Mix well and saute for a minute. If the mixture looks too dry, add 1/4 cup of water. Cover with the lid and let the masala get cooked for 5-7 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, prepare omelettes. Take all the ingredients listed under ‘for preparing the omelettes’.
- Beat everything well.
- Heat a tawa and sprinkle some oil. Make 4 omelettes of medium thickness. Spread the egg mixture and allow it to cook for a minute.
- Flip it and then allow it to cook for another minute. Take them out onto a plate and allow them to cool off a bit. Cut them into small strips.
- The masala would have gotten cooked well. Add in the diced onion and some coriander leaves and stir fry on high heat for a few seconds. Adjust the salt.
- Add the omelette strips and halved boiled eggs to the masala. Mix well.
- Add in the rice and mix well. Let them get heated through. Finish off with some lemon juice and some more coriander leaves.
- Double egg rice is ready. Serve hot with raita and salad. Enjoy!