Hi again buddies. Today’s post is about an Indian chutney recipe. It’s a mint chutney, a very spicy and flavorful one. We prepare 3-4 types of mint chutney recipes at home. This is the one we serve with tikkis and tandoori recipes. Every household have their own way to prepare it, this is ours.
- Mint – 3/4 cup, lightly packed
- Coriander leaves – 1/3 cup, lightly packed
- Garlic – 5 cloves
- Onion – 1 small, diced
- Green chilies – 6 or to taste
- Groundnuts – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp or to taste
- Water – 3 to 4 tbsp
How to Make Spicy Mint Chutney
- Wash the coriander and mint leaves thoroughly.
- In a mixie jar, take the coriander leaves, mint leaves, onion, green chilies, garlic, water and salt. The chutney is not very thick. So add sufficient water like 3-4 tbsp. The groundnuts lend a nice smoothness to the chutney and won’t let it become watery.
- Blend it well till you get a smooth paste. Add lemon juice to taste in the end when you are done with the blending part. Mix well with a spoon.
- Take the chutney out in a bowl. Serve with tandoori dishes like tandoori chicken, paneer tikkas, tikkis etc. Enjoy!