Urad dhal vada or fritters is a popular south indian snack. It isa healthy vada except deep frying. Usually it is served with masala dosa,or taken as a snack itself. When we have this vada as a snack,the best combination is sambar or coconut chutney. With different ingredients we can make this vada. Here i made it with urad dhal,which is highly nutritious with high protein,vitamins, iron and minerals. I like to have it with tomato sauce. The important thing affecting the shape is consistency of the batter.
- Urad dhal-2 cups
- Ginger chopped- 2 tbsp
- Green chilly-4nos
- Shallots-15 nos
- Curry leaves-2sprigs
- Corriander leaves– chopped 3 tbsp
- Whole pepper corn-10 nos
- Coonut il for deep frying.
- Salt to taste
How to Make Urad Dhal Vada
- Soak urad dhal for 2 hours
- Grind in a chutney jar till get a smooth consistency. Dilute the salt requred in water and use it for grinding.
- Mix all ther ingredients with ground batter,except coconut oil.
- keep he batter in the refrigerator for 2 hrs so that it will be suitable for easier moulding
- keep a cup o water near you to wet your hands to avoid sticking of the batter.
- Make round shaped balls with the batter and put a hole in the center with the thumb.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Drop the shaped batter into it.
- Flip it when one side is golden colour.
- After both sides are golden in colour drain it and keep it in a serving plate.
- Serve with sauce.