Potato roast is an easy to make and tasty side dish for rice. This is a very easy recipe which makes use of very few ingredients with no onion or garlic in it. This recipe can be prepared even when you are in a hurry to go to office or for children. Potato is a versatile vegetable and blends itself with all the vegetables and makes the dish very tasty. I think there will be hardly very few people who don’t like potatoes. This dish will taste great with curd rice, sambar rice and also with steamed rice. Now to the recipe..
Oil – 1 ½ tbsp.
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
Asafoetida powder / kayam – a pinch
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – few
Potatoes – 3 (medium)
Salt – to taste
- Cook potatoes in a pressure cooker until it is cooked.
- Peel the skin and cut them into cubes. Keep it aside.
- Het oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds. After that add curry leaves and asafoetida powder and sauté for a few seconds.
- Next add diced potatoes and stir well.
- Then add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and asafoetida powder. Mix well to coat the masala well on all the potato pieces.
- Reduce the flame to low and simmer for 10 minutes until the potatoes turn light golden around the edges.
- Keep on stirring (without breaking the potato pieces) at regular intervals to ensure even crisping of potatoes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Potato roast is ready.
If you find this post useful, I would be happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving