I am sharing my own recipe of potato patties Indian style with lemon twist. In hindi can call it aloo tikki pakode. When it comes to aloo pakode people generally prepare it from aloo slices. I like the boiled potato one instead of slice potatoes.
This recipe is my own creation during my school days. I love the combo of lemon and potatoes. So thought of making it this way. Some veggies with this enhance taste of it. Its very easy and yummy recipe. Let’s begin,
- Potatoes- 4 nos, Medium size, boiled
- Onions-1 nos, medium size, chopped
- Green Chili- 5 nos, chopped or to taste
- Coriander Leaves- 5 tbsp- chopped
- Lemon – 3 nos, juice of it
- Salt – to taste
- Cumin powder- 2 tbsp
- Pulse flour(Besan)- 1 cup
- Ajwain (carom seeds)- 1 tbsp
- Water-1 cup
- Oil- as require to fry
How to make Potato Patties/ Aloo Tikki Pakode – Lemon Twist
- First boil potatoes, it needs 4-5 whistle to boil in cooker than keep it aside to cool it down
- Once potato cool down , now peel it, mashed it with the help of fork or you can use your hands too.
- Now add salt and cumin powder mix them well, Than lemon juice and after that add onions, coriander leaves, green chili mix it very well.
- Take small quantity from it and make small tikkis like below and keep it aside
- Now make pulse flour batter, take another bowl add pulse flour, carmon seeds, salt and water; mix them well and make a smooth batter. not very thick.
- Now heat oil in a deep pan as required to fry. Dip tikkis on pulse flour batter and put on pan to fry
- Once it get brown colors take a bowl put a paper and keep the fried pakodes on it so paper will soak extra oils
Now its ready to serve, Have it with tomato sauce or green chutney both goes very well with it. Even a Curd peanut dip is also very for it.