Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Oats consider as a very healthy and low calorie breakfast. Some use sugar in oats and some use salt in it. It’s very boring to have same breakfast daily. Well we can make interesting and yummy breakfast from oats. Today I am sharing oats upma recipe it’s very easy to cook. Classic and tradition upma is made of semolina (suji). Semolina contains high calories so people generally avoid it. Lets begin with our low calorie breakfast Oats Upma.
|Note: We need roasted oats, to roast oats heat a pan, add oats and roast it for 3-5 mins, after roasting keep it in a bowl and cool it down.
- Oats – 1 cup, roasted
- Onion- 1 medium, finely chopped
- Carrot- 3 tbsp, finely chopped
- Tomato- 2 medium, finely chopped
- Green Chilly- 3 nos, finely chopped
- Curry Leaves- ½ tbsp, chopped
- Salt- To taste
- Mustard seeds- ½ tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 3/4 tbsp
- Water- 2 cups
How to make Oats Upma
- Heat oil in a karahi, add mustard seeds and allow them to splatter. Now add curry leaves, green chilly and onion, close karahi and cook it for 2-4 mins in medium flame.
- Now add carrot and close karahi cook it in medium flame till it became bit soft.
- Now add tomato, close karahi and cook it for 2-3 mins
- Now add salt and turmeric powder, mix the entire ingredient and add 2 cups of water. Close the karahi and wait for 3-4 mins.
- Now add roasted oats cook it till it soaks water and becomes dry.
Serve in a plate. Enjoy your low calorie breakfast!!!