Kaliyadakka is the fried rice balls. This is usually making for Krishna Jayanthi and Onam only. My mother used to make only for onam. This is very crispy and tasty. Cooking time is very less yet delicious. Some use roasted rice,but here i used half roasted rice flour.
- Soaked rice-2 cups
- Urid dhal-2 tbsp
- Grated coconut-2 cups
- Jeera -1 tsp
- Shallots-1 nos
- Salt-to taste
How to Make Kaliyadaka
- Dry the soaked rice.
- Make powder. Half roast it. (for five minutes)
- Roast the dhal till light brown.
- Grind together coconut,shallots and jeera.
- Add salt and mix together. Add hot water to make a soft dough. (like idiyappam dough)
- Deep fry in coconut oil till golden brown.
- Drain oil and allow it to cool.
- Keep in air tight container.