Are you looking for quick and easy donut recipe? Well, I got one donut recipe that you should try because it is easy to follow. My homemade donut recipe is just like any donut recipe except for the fact that I made my instructions very clear. If you love baking or eating donut like me then better check out my recipe.
I love freshly cooked donut especially one topped with lots of peanuts. I find fresh doughnut irresistible. By the way, whenever I make donut for my family everyone helps because cooking donut is fun and a good bonding at home. One more thing, in case you notice my donuts are not perfect looking just like the ones sold by krispy kreme, mister donut or dunkin donut, but they definitely yummy.
My donuts are not great looking because I didn’t use a donut cutter nor a mixer. I know, I should invest in one and soon, I will LOL.
Here’s my homemade nutty chocolate donut recipe, enjoy cooking!
Homemade Donut – Nutty Chocolate
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour (APF)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, softened and cut into cubes
- Vegetable oil for frying
For the Chocolate Glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup milk
For the Dough
- In a large bowl, combine yeast (1 tablespoon) with ¾ cup milk then stir to dissolve the active yeast. Add the APF about ¾ cup and stir till you have a smooth paste. Let the flour mixture rest for about 30 minutes, so cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
- After 30 minutes, in another bowl, combine the remaining yeast with the rest of the milk then add the flour mixture, vanilla, egg yolks and mix till all ingredients are incorporated. The dough should be smooth. Next, add the 1 cup All Purpose Flour, salt and sugar and knead for 30 seconds or till the dough come together. Finally, add the butter and mix again until incorporated into the dough. Cover again with plastic wrap and let the dough rest a warm place for at least 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, get the dough and gently press down on it to get rid of any gas bubbles and set aside for 1 hour.
Once the dough ready to roll out, get it out of the bowl. Formed the dough into logs. Set aside for 15 minutes.
Get one log once the dough ready to roll out then lightly flour the surface then roll out the dough.
Using a donut cutter or glass, cut out doughnuts and place on a baking sheet or plate. Cover the donuts loosely with plastic wrap and leave for 30 minutes or until they doubled in size. While waiting for the donuts to rise ready the deep fryer or pan. 3 minutes before cooking the doughnuts heat oil.
Transfer to a clean plate with paper towels to remove excess oil. Leave to cool.
Once the donuts have cooled, dip them in a chocolate glaze and topped with ground peanuts.
For the Chocolate Glaze:
In a double boiler, mix all ingredients till well incorporated. Add more milk if you think there is a need to add more or if you want a thin glaze.
P.s: If you are like me and you want thick chocolate glaze then reduce the milk and add more sugar.