Jackfruit is one of my favourite fruit among all fruits. Summer season it is available. We can make different dishes with jackfruit and it’s seed. Among that payasam is my favourite. Today i am going to makejackfruit seed payasam. It is an easy to make sweet and very delicious. I got some seeds from india this time. So I tried to make it.
- Jackfruit seed-25 nos
- Jaggery-200 gm
- Ghee 1 tbsp
- Cashew nuts-10
- Jeera powder-1 pinch
- Dry ginger-1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice -1 tsp
How to Make Jackfruit Seed Payasam
- Make thick coconut milk-1/2 cup.
- Then make thin coconut milk-2 cups
- Remove the outer covering of the seed and soak the peeled seed in water for 1/2 an hour.
- Peel off the red skin completely.
- Pressure cook the seed till 6 whizzle.
- Smash it till get a smooth paste.
- Add the paste and cook it under low flame. Stir between.
- Add thin milk when the paste becomes semi thick.
- Stir continuously till get a semithick consistency.
- Add thick milk.
- Add cashew and raisins roasted in ghee.
- Remove from the flame.put powdered cardamom dry ginger and jeera powder.
- Add lemon juice .
- Serve hot.