Indian food is very famous for its diversity there are a variety of vegetarian foods which are made in India. Today’s recipe is a tasty side dish for chapathi made with potatoes and bottle gourd. It is very tasty and easy to prepare too. I am sharing a pressure cooker method of making this potato bottlegourd curry. This is a very simple, easy to make and tasty North Indian side dish for chapathi. Most of the time we keep wondering what to make for dinner. This curry makes use of simple North Indian gravy base and needs no grinding also. Do try it and I am sure you will like it.. Now to the recipe..
Bottlegourd – 1 (peeled and chopped into cubes)
Potato – 1 (peeled and cubed)
oil – 1 tablespoon
onion (medium) – 1 (finely chopped)
tomato – 1 (finely chopped)
mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
green chilly – 1- 2
turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
red chilly powder – 1 1/2 teaspoon
coriander powder – 2 teaspoon
cumin powder – 1/4 teaspoon
garam masala – 1/4 teaspoon
curry leaves – few
coriander leaves – 1 tablespoon (finely chopped)
salt – to taste
1. Heat oil in a pressure cooker. When oil is hot enough, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Let them splutter.
2. Then add curry leaves, finely chopped onion and saute till they turn pinkish in color.
3. Next, add chopped tomatoes and saute them till they turn mushy.
4. Then add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and mix well.
5. Now add chopped potatoes, bottlegourd , mix well. Let the veggies get coated with the masala.
6. Add 2 – 3 tablespoon of water and pressure cook for one whistle.
7. Wait till the pressure subsides. Then open the cooker, mix it well and add chopped coriander leaves.
8. Curry is ready. This can be served with chapathi or phulka.