Achappam is a popular and traditional snack in Kerala. Also called rose cookies. It is a crunchy and delicious evening snack. There is special mold to make this. It will be available in different shapes like flower or star.Very easy to make with less ingredients.
- soaked white rice-2 cup
- sugar-3 tbsp
- coconut milk powder-2 tbsp
- sesame seed-1 tsp
- coconut oil-300 ml
How to Make Achappam
- Beat the egg and sugar till the sugar is dissolved.
- Grind the white rice, coconut milk powder, beaten egg and sugar into a semi thick batter.
- Keep the oil in a pan. Keep the mold also in the oil. Allow it to boil.
Take out the mold from the oil and immerse 3/4 in the batter.
Dip the mold in the oil. Wait for 10 seconds.
- Shake the mold so that achappam will come out.
- Flip the achappam.
- Take out achappam from the oil. Drain well. After it cools down store in an air tight container.
NB: Ensure that the mold must be dipped in the hot oil before immersing in the batter every time.