I am Vinaya vannalath. As everybody knows that Gobi Manchurian is a really tempting, yummy and thick gravy dish. But most of the time it has remained as special dish of big restaurants and we often wonder how these chefs are really able to create such a tasty dish, that is also by just using cauliflower.
Gobi Manchurian is a spicy corn flour based, preparation with Cauliflower florets in Indio-chinees style. History says it is the adoption of chinese style cooking and seasoning technique to suit Indian taste. It is believed to be developed by a small chinese population, lived in Kolkata for centuries.
It is basically of two stage preparation. First stage is dipping the cauliflower in spiced batter and deep frying it to make it crisp. on the second stage these deep fried florets are seasoned and sautéed with chopped onion, capsicum, garlic, soya and chili sauce to make it looks like fried florets dipped in sauce.
How to Make Gobi Manchurian
- couliflower, cut into medium -sized florets
- Refined flour : 4 table spoon
- Corn flour : 4 table spoon
- Ginger garlic paste : 2 table spoon
- Soya sauce : 2 table spoon
- Onion : 1/2
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder : 1 table spoon
- Oil : 2 table spoon + deep frying
- Spring onions : 3 Chopped
- garlic : 2 table spoon Chopped
- ginger : 2 table spoon
- Green chilli finely chopped : 2 or 3
- Tomato ketchup : 2 table spoon
- Vinegar : 2 table spoon
- Place the cauliflower in a bowl of hot water and remove it after 2 minutes.
- Put cauliflower in another bowl, add refined flour , 2 table spoon of corn flour,ginger garlic paste, dark soya sauce, salt and black pepper. Add a little water and mix well. So that all the florets are well coated.
- Heat oil in a kadai and deep cauliflower florets till crisp.
- Heat two tablespoon oil in a pan. Put onion, chopped garlic and ginger and saute on high heat
- Add one table spoon dark soya sauce and tomato ketchup to the wok n mix. Add one cup water and green chillies and mix.
- Mix two tablespoon cornflower in one fourth cup water and add it to the wok. Mix and cook till sauce thickness. Add vinegar and mix.
- Add cauliflower florets in the wok and mix well. Remove from the stove.
- Transfer the cauliflower mixture into a serving dish, garnish with spring onion greens and serve hot.