Today’s recipe is garlic naan. Naan is one such dish which I thought could be made only in hotels, but when I tried, found that it is very easy to make at home. I made this few days back and served with kadai paneer. Hope you like it. Now to the recipe..
Maida/ All purpose flour – 2 cups
Butter milk – 3/4 cup
Warm milk – 1/4 cup
ghee /clarified butter – 3 tablespoon
Instant yeast – 1 tsp
salt – to taste
sugar – 1 tablespoon
garlic – 10 cloves
coriander leaves – 2 tablespoon
butter – 1/4 cup
1. Mix salt, sugar, yeast and ghee.
2. Add butter milk and mix well .
3. Add milk slowly until you get a sticky dough. Use more milk if required.
4. Cover the bowl with a wrap and set it aside for 30 minutes.
5. The dough will double in size.
6. Punch it down and divide it into lemon sized balls.
7. Arrange it in a greased plate. Wrap it with a cling wrap and leave it aside for 15 minutes.
8. You can start preparing once it doubles in volume.
9. Roll each ball into a circle. Fold it twice and make a triangle.
10. Roll each triangle into a larger and thinner triangle.
11. Apply a coat of butter on the triangle.
12. Mince garlic in a mixer and apply a coat of garlic on the triangle.
13. Sprinkle coriander leaves on it.
14. Heat a tawa. Once the tawa is hot, place the triangle on the tawa and cook it on both sides.
15. Serve it hot.
If you find this post useful, I would be happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button.