cakes are loved by everybody. Today, I am sharing a simple cake recipe with cardamom flavor and more important it is eggless.
It is very easy to make dessert and can be made with readily available ingredients at home. You can make cupcake out of the batter. This can also be served without any frosting. But I have made buttercream frosting. A perfect spongy cake can be served as a teatime snack.
I usually make cakes with eggs but this time, I decided to make eggless cake. It is super easy to make and tasty. The cake was not too fluffy, but it was soft and delicious. I loved this cardamom flavored cake than the regular ones. After baking the entire house was filled with cardamom flavor. This cake is not too sweet, but the buttercream frosting was enough to make it sweet. But if you don’t want frosting, just serve it plain.
eggless cardamom cake recipe
- maida or all purpose flour – 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoon
- corn flour – 1/4 cup
- salt – a pinch
- baking soda – 3/4 teaspoon
- oil – 1/4 cup
- sugar – 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon
- water – 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon
- lemon juice – 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
- cardamom powder – 1 teaspoon
how to make eggless cardamom cake recipe
1. Preheat oven at 180 degree centigrade. Grease a cake tin with butter and dust it with all purpose flour. Keep aside.
2. In a bowl, add maida, corn flour, baking soda and sieve once so that the ingredients get mixed well. Keep aside.
3. In another bowl, add sugar, oil, water, lemon juice, cardamom powder. Using a spoon or with an electric beater or hand beater beat the mixture well in low speed until sugar dissolves.
4. Add sifted flour in 2 batches and gently fold the mixture until the flour gets mixed well.
5. Pour the batter into prepared cake tray and tap it twice or thrice.
6. Place them into a preheated oven and bake at 180 degree centigrade for 18 – 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Allow it to cool.
8. Once the cake is completely cooled, add frosting as desired.