How to make Bread Roll Recipe/Stuffed Bread Roll Recipe/Fried Stuffed Bread Roll Recipe.
Hi foodies! Here is a scrumptious and mouth watering appetizer stuffed bread rolls recipe for you. This is an easy and simple Indian recipe of homemade fried stuffed bread rolls. Here the spiced potato stuffing is covered with bread. Packed garam masala of everest brand is used, you can use any brands garam masala for this bread rolls recipe.
The spiced potatoes stuffing includes turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garlic and green chilli paste, cumin seeds, black mustard seeds, kasuri meethi and coriander leaves. Kasuri methi provides tempting aroma.
The bread is soaked for a second in a turmeric and salt water which gives brad a pale yellow colour. The bread is then gentle press between the palms to drain off excess water. After soaking the bread immediately perform the next steps without wasting time or else the bread with break and it well become difficult to cover the stuffing properly.
The soaked bread helps the stuffing to stick the bread perfectly and while frying the outer layer of bread soaks less oil and gives a crispy cover. You can use the same stuffing to make aloo parathas or vada pav. Indian stuffed bread rolls recipe is easy to prepare and a good tea time snacks or starter. Serve hot with chutney or ketchup.
This recipe of stuffed bread rolls yields 12 – 14 rolls. For the measurement 1 cup = 250 ml
- Bread – 12 – 14
- Potatoes – 3, big size
- Onion – 1, medium, chopped
- Cumin seeds/jeera – ½ tsp
- Black mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Garlic and green chilli paste – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Asafoetida/hing – ¼ tsp
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp, chopped
- Kasuri methi – 1 tsp, crushed
- Oil – 3 tbsp
How to make Bread Roll/Stuffed Bread Roll/Fried Stuffed Bread Roll.
- Boil the potatoes and allow them to cool down. Peel the skin/cover of the potatoes and smash them with your hand.
- Heat a skillet. Add oil into the skillet and place the chopped onion into the hot oil. Stir it till it gets light brown colour.
- Now add black mustard seeds/rai, jeera/cumin seeds and garlic – green chilli paste to the skillet.
- Mix them well on medium flame.
- Now add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida/hing and garam masala powder to the skillet.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Add boiled and smashed potatoes, kasuri methi, coriander leaves and salt to the masala on medium flame.
- Mix the boiled potatoes with the masala such that the potatoes get cover with the masala well. Bread rolls stuffing is ready.
- Now take a bowl and add a cup of water. Add 1 tsp of turmeric powder and 1 tsp salt into the water and mix it well.
- Make oval or round equal balls of the stuffing.
- Cut all the edges of the bread.
- Now soak the bread in the turmeric and salt powder for a second. Immediately and carefully remove the bread from the water. Press bread gently between your palms to drain out excess water from the bread.
- Place the stuffing in the middle of the bread. Lightly cover the stuffing inside the bread.
- Gently press the bread roll within your hand to make a perfect bread roll. Make sure that the stuffing does not come outside the bread.
- Repeat this procedure and make all the bread rolls.
- Heat a skillet on high flame. Add oil into the skillet.
- When the oil gets hot place bread rolls one by one bread rolls into the hot oil.
- Now reduce the flame to medium and fry the bread roll on all the sides till it gets golden brown colour. Remove the bread rolls on the kitchen towel to drain off excess oil.
- Bread rolls are ready to serve. Serve hot with tomato ketchup. Enjoy!