How to make Black Forest Cake Recipe/Homemade Black Forest Cake Recipe/Black Forest Cake Without Oven Recipe with step by step pictures.
Hi foodies! Christmas is coming closer here is a scrumptious homemade black forest recipe for you. This recipe of black forest cake is made without using oven or microwave. The cake is baked in a pressure cooker. This recipe contains eggs in its ingredient, if you are vegetarian avoid eggs and add butter milk to the mixture.
This recipe is easy and simple and can be made at home with the help of pressure cooker. If you don’t have microwave or oven then this recipe is best for you. Give this recipe a try I am sure you will definitely enjoy.
Follow the steps carefully to get a perfect black forest cake. The syrup helps to make the moist. The cake is loaded with whipped cream and kids love to have such cakes and pastries which are loaded with cream. Cut the cake with equal three parts and soak them with syrup and apply thick layer of whipped cream and pour chocolate sauce.
Garnish the cake by sprinkling grated dark chocolate and cherries. Use piping bag and nozzle to make flowers or to decorate. Melt in the mouth black forest cake is ready to serve.
For the purpose of measurement 1 cup = 250 ml.
- Maida/refined flour – 125 grams
- Sugar – 125 grams
- Oil – 6 tbsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
- Coco powder – 2 tbsp
- Eggs – 3
- Salt – a pinch
- Whipped cream – ½ cup
- Cherries – 8 – 9
- Hershey’s chocolate syrup – 3 tbsp
- Dark chocolate – ½ cup, grated
- Water – 200 ml
- Chocolate essence – ¼ tsp
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
How to make Black Forest Cake
- In a plate strain maida/refined flour, coco powder and baking powder with the help of a strainer.
- Repeat the above step three times.
- Place the eggs in a bowl and whisk it with the help of a whisker for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Now add sugar, oil and a pinch of salt to the whisked eggs and again whisk for 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract/essence to the eggs and sugar mixture. Mix it well.
- Now add the strained mixture of maida/refined flour, coco powder and baking powder to the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract/essence mixture.
- Whisk it with the help of whisker. When it is mixed well than add another half of the strained flour mixture to the bowl and mix them well till the sugar melts completely.
- Grease a baking pan with oil and dust maida/refined flour.
- Cut a kitcken towel of the bottom size of the baking pan. Place it on the bottom of the baking pan and grease it with ½ tsp oil.
- Pour the batter in the baking pan.
- Heat the pressure cooker on high flame for 10 minutes. Place a ring stand into the pressure cooker.
- Now place the baking pan into the pressure cooker on the ring stand.
- Cover the pressure cooker with lid but without whistle. Allow the cake to cook for 10 minutes on high flame then reduce the flame to low. Allow the cake to cook for more 20 minutes on low flame. Open the lid of the pressure cooker and check the cake by using a knife, poke it in the middle of the cake vertically if the knife comes out clean that means the cake is cooked perfectly or else if it comes out with some cake batter sticked on it. That means the cake is not cooked completely. Now again cover the lid of the pressure cooker and let it cook for more 10 minutes on low flame. Now the cake is baked. Remove it from the pressure cooker and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Take the cream in a bowl.
- Bit it with the help of electric bitter for 20-25 minutes till it rises 4-5 times and gets fluffy. If you don’t have electric bitter than whip the cream with the help of whisker. Refrigerate the whipped cream for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl take water and add sugar and vanilla extract/essence. Mix them well till the sugar melts. Syrup is ready, it is use to soak the cake.
- When the cake cools down to room temperature, remove it from the baking pan and don’t forget to remove the kitchen towel from the bottom of the cake. Cut the dome shape top of the cake in order to make the cake horizontally straight from the top.
- Now cut the cake horizontally into three parts. Now place the first layer of the cake on the board and add 1/3rd of syrup to it. With the help of spoon soak the layer equally with the syrup.
- Apply a thick layer of whipped cream and pour 1 ½ tbsp chocolate sauce on it.
- Now place the second layer on top of the first layer. Repeat the procedure again. With the help of spoon soak the layer equally with the syrup. Apply a thick layer of whipped cream and pour 1 ½ tbsp chocolate sauce on it. Now place the third layer of the cake on the top of second layer and soak the layer with 1/3rd syrup with the help of the spoon.
- Now cover the whole cake with the thick layer of whipped cream evenly.
- Grate the dark chocolate.
- Sprinkle the grated dark chocolate on the top and sides of the cake.
- Make flowers on the bottom edges of the cake.
- With the help of piping bag and nozzle, make flowers on the edges and middle of the cake.
- Garnish it with cherries.
- Black forest cake is ready to serve. Enjoy!