How to make Besan kadhi Recipe/Besan kadhi with Buttermilk Recipe/Besan ki Kadhi Recipe.
This luscious besan kadhi is prepared with besan pakoras, buttermilk, besan and spices. There are different besan kadhi recipe but this is my favorite recipe of besan ki kadhi. Mostly the pakoras includes chopped onions; here I have avoided using onions.
The spices provides the besan kadhi a zesty flavor. Besan is made with curd or buttermilk. I usually use homemade buttermilk and also I have shared the homemade buttermilk recipe with you. Homemade buttermilk is fresh and tastes delicious and fresh. Besan ki kadhi is an easy Indian recipe.
The pakora for besan kadhi is prepared with besan, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, hing and salt. The tempering provides a tempting flavor and aroma to the besan ki kadhi. Tempering includes jeera, rai, methi dana, curry leaves and hing. Tempering enhance the flavour and texture o the kadhi. Besan ki kadhi goes well with rice. Serve hot with rice. Kadhi is the perfect side dish for rice.
This recipe of Besan Ki kadhi yields 3 – 4 servings. For the purpose of measurement, 1 cup = 250 ml.
- Buttermilk – 2 cups
- Besan/gram flour – 3 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Ginger and garlic paste – ¼ tsp
- Water – ½ cup
- Salt – To Taste
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds/methi dana – ¼ tsp
- Jeera /cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Rai/ mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Asafoetida/Hing – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – 10
- Besan/ gram flour – 5 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Asafoetida/Hing – a pinch
- Baking soda – a pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – To fry
How to make Besan kadhi/Besan kadhi with Buttermilk.
- Ina bowl take besan/gram flour, turmeric powder, salt, asafoetida and baking soda.
- Add water to the bowl and make a pakoda mix.
- Heat a skillet and oil into it. When the oil gets hot pour the pakora mix with your hand into the hot oil. Make sure that all pakora are of similar size.
- Fry the pakoras till it gets light brown colour and remove it on the kitchen towel. Pakora are ready.
- In a cooking vessel take buttermilk and add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Mix them well.
- Add ginger and garlic paste. Mix them well.
- Now heat a skillet and add oil into it. Add gram flour/besan into it.
- Stir continuously on low flame till it turns to golden brown colour.
- When the gram flour turns to golden brown colour pour the ½ cup masala buttermilk mixture into the skillet.
- Mix them well and again pour the skillet besan and buttermilk masala mixture into the same cooking vessel. Mix it well. Take a boil on high flame and reduce the flame to low.
- Allow the kadhi to cook for 5 – 7minutes and off the flame.
- For tempering heat a tadka pan and add oil into it. Place the fenugreek seeds/methi ke dane, jeera/cumin seeds, rai/mustard seeds, asafetida/hing and curry leaves into the hot oil.
- Allow it to temper for few seconds and immediately pour it on the kadhi.
- Kadhi is ready.
- Add the pakora into the kadhi. Let the pakoras soak the kadhi and serve the besan kadhi after 15 minutes.
- Besan Kadhi is ready to serve. Garnish the besan kadhi with the curry leaves. Serve hot with rice. Enjoy!