Puso ng Saging Patties Video Recipe
Now you can watch video of this recipe at you tube
Banana Blossom Patties – I have a friend who is a vegetarian. Now, I don’t have anything against them, but I couldn’t really imagine living the rest of my life without ever eating chicken, fish, pork and beef.
However, as much as I love meat, I am also very intrigued by the vegetarians’ lifestyle, so one day I finally decided to give it a try. I agreed to have lunch with her. I told her to go easy on me and not go overboard with the vegetables.
The next day, my friend handed me a brown paper bag with a burger inside. She knew how much I love burgers. I looked at it and saw it had lettuce, catsup, cheese, and tomatoes. As far as burgers go, this looked like one. When I took a bite, I was surprised. I thought it’d taste funny and tofu-like, but it was different. Asked her what it was and she told me it was Banana Blossom Patties.
Like how crunchy it is on the outside and juicy it is in the inside. It is really unique. Since that time, we have been having Banana Blossom Patties together. She also taught me how to make them. This is definitely better than regular burgers.
Share on Pinterest
- banana blossoms
- 1 medium-sized onions, minced
- ½ cup flour
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pieces eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cooking oil
- Black pepper
How to Cook Banana Blossom Patties
- Remove the mature layer of the banana blossoms.
2. Chop in quarters and remove the core. You can also get some of the white banana blossom fingers from the removed matured bracts.
3. Cook them in a pot of boiling water until they become soft and tender.
4. Chop them into small, thin bits. Drain and remove excess water.
5. Combine the bananas together with the rest of the ingredients and mix them together.
6. Fry a spoonful of the mixture at a time.
7. Flatten and fry until golden brown. Serve and enjoy.
Banana heart burger, puso ng saging patty, banana blossom burger or whatever you call it, this is a great dish if you want a vegetarian alternative for your burgers.