Here is the another sadya recipe, kumbalanga pachady. Pachady is made of fresh vegetables and is served along with rice, different kind of vegetables are included. Vegetable pachady is usually made with fresh and typically made of finely chopped and boiled vegetables like cucumber, winter melon, bottle gourd, pineapple, betroot etc. The vegetables are cooked with less water and mix with grounded fresh coconut and wisk curd, tempered with mustard seeds, red dry chillies, and coconut oil. Today am showing how to make kumbalanga pachady, is very simple dish with winter melon/ kumbalanga. It is one of the many important dishes in the onam sadya menu.
Kumbalanga Pachady Recipe
- Winter Melon/Kumbalanga- 2 cup, chopped
- Salt- to taste
- Water-1/4 cup
- Coconut- 1 cup
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Green chillies- 2
- Coconut oil- 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp
- Dry red chillies- 2, cut into small pieces
- Curry leaves- few
How to Make Kumbalanga Pachady
- Cook chopped kumbalanga/winter melon along with salt and water. Cook till winter melon become soft, not allow to over cook.
- Grind ingredients listed under’ For Grinding’ with little water and make a smooth paste.
- Add it to the cooked kumbalanga/winter melon, mix well and cook in medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir occassionally.
- Turn of the heat and leave it to cool, after cooling only add yogurt. Add very thick and whisked yogurt to it and mix well.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan, Splutter mustard seeds, dry chillies and curry leaves.
- Pour it over the pachady, mix well