Kadala or Bengal gram is high in protein. Since it is nutritious and healthy we use to have at least once in a week. We can make it differently. I like to eat this with puttu, dosa and appam. Recently i learned from my sister this style. As thattukada taste we can enjoy eating. I am going to make this with roasted coconut and fresh masala.
- 2 cup of black chick peas
- tomato -2
- red chilly-3
- coconut oil-as required
- coriander leaves
- grated coconut-1/2 cup
- chilly powder- 1 tsp
- coriander powder-1 tsp
- turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- nutmeg powder -1 pinch
- cinnamon -1 inch
- fennel seed-1/2 tsp
- star anice-1
How to Make Kadala Curry
- Soak kadala over night.
- Cook it with onion and little salt.allow it to cook till 7-8 whistles.
- Roast the grated coconut and all the spices till light brown.
- Add chilly powder,turmeric powder and coriander powder.
- Roast till the aroma comes.
- Grind it in a coffee grinder with little water.
- Add the paste in the chick peas.allow it to boil.
- In another pan splutter the mustard seeds,curry leaves and red chilly.
- Add the tomatoes(optional).
- Saute it .Then add into the masala.
- Garnish with corriander leaves.