Neyyappam is a South indian traditional snack. We make this in special occasions. Olden days neyyappam was making in ghee. The meaning itself is flitter making in ghee. Because of health problems people scared to use ghee. So we are going to make in coconut oil.This snack is made up of rice flour and jaggery. For the time consuming purpose today we will make with soaked rice. If you have rice flour at home, that is also applicable. But not the roasted rice.
- soaked white rice -2 cup
- jaggery- 200 gm
- Coconut bits-2 tbsp
- Ghee -1 tsp,
- Jeera powder-half tsp
- Dry ginger powder-half tsp Black sesame seeds 1 tsp
- coconut oil 500 ml
- soda bicarb-1 pinch
How to Make Neyyappam
- Make jaggery syrup.
- Grind 1,2,3,6,7,8 together like consistency of dosa batter.
- keep aside for 4 hrs.
- Fry coconut bits in ghee.
- Add sesame seeds and pinch of soda.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan.pour the batter in the center of the pan carefully in one position.Fry till golden brown.
NB:If the batter is kept for more than 4 hrs.before ,then no need to add soda bicarb.