Peas pulao is a very popular recipe which is liked by people of all ages. This is a mild dish made with green peas and basmati rice seasoned with few whole spices and no masala added to it. This rice dish can be served with any spicy gravy or with raita. Due to the usage of green peas which is rich in proteins, this rice dish can be thought of as a healthy dish. I have made use of basmati rice here, but this rice dish can be made with any other rice like jeera rice, table rice or any other variety. But make sure to use the correct quantity of water depending on the rice used. Now to the recipe…
oil / butter – 2 tablespoon
cloves – 4
cumin seeds /jeera – 1 teaspoon
bay leaf – 1
cardamom / elaichi – 3
onion – 1
ginger paste – 1 tablespoon
green chilli – 1
basmati rice – 2 cups
green peas – 1/2 cup
water – 3 cups ( 4 cups if you are cooking in handi)
coriander leaves – few
mint leaves – few
1. Wash and soak basmati rice in water for 20 minutes. Drain it and leave it aside for some time.
2. In a pan heat oil and butter. Allow butter to melt. Then add cloves, cumin, bay leaf and stir it for a few seconds.
3. Next add green chillies and cumin seeds. Saute it well and then add ginger paste.
4. Add chopped onion and then saute till it turns pink.
5. Now add green peas and saute it well. Next add salt, mint leaves and coriander leaves.
6. Finally add soaked rice, Saute for 5 minutes.
7. Then add hot water, bring it to boil, then reduce the flame, cover the pan with a tight lid and wait for 10 minutes.
8. Immediately after 10 minutes, turn off the flame, and wait for 5 more minutes.
9. Open the lid, fluff the rice with a fork and serve with raita.
If you find this post useful, I would be happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button.