Today’s recipe is an easy to make rice dish made with peanuts – peanut rice. It is very easy to make, healthy and tasty. It is a perfect dish to pack for lunch box.
These variety rice dishes are very helpful when you want to make a quick lunch. I often make these easy lunch dishes like lemon rice, tamarind rice, raw mango rice and many others. If you have leftover rice at home, you can try making this dish.
This is a very easy to make dish and needs very few ingredients that are readily available at home. And it only takes less than 20 minutes for the entire preparation if you have cooked rice with you.
Sometimes, I make peanut powder in advance and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. In such cases, making peanut rice becomes more easy. In this case, all you have to do is temper the ingredients, add rice and peanut powder, mix well. That’s it. Isn’t easy?
I have added peanut with skin here, but if you have deskinned peanuts, you can add that also.
Serve peanut rice with papad or appalam.
Peanut rice recipe
roasted peanuts – 3 tablespoons
sesame seeds – 1 tablespoon
dry red chili – 3 – 4
coconut grated – 2 tablespoon
oil – 2 tablespoons
mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
urad dal – 1 teaspoon
chana dal – 1 teaspoon
curry leaves – few
salt – to taste
How to make peanut rice
1. Take 1 cup of rice and cook it. You can cook it either by pressure cooking method or cook in an open pan.
2. In a pan add roasted peanuts, and saute for a few seconds. To this add dry red chili and roast for a few more seconds.
3. To this add sesame seeds and saute it for a few seconds. Next add grated coconut and saute again for few minutes until coconut gets roasted well and becomes golden brown color. You can also use kopra instead of coconut. In that case, you don’t have fry for a long time. Transfer the contents to a plate and let it cool.
4. Once the roasted ingredients cool down, then transfer them to a mixer jar and grind it coarsely. Don’t add water while grinding.
5. Heat oil in a pan. Splutter mustard seeds.
6. Add urad dal, chana dal, curry leaves, and saute for a few minutes until dal turns golden brown color.
7. Add cooked rice, salt and mix well. Add the ground powder, gently mix well. Turn off the flame.
8. Serve peanut rice hot with appalam.