- Fish, cleaned and cut into pieces – ½ kilo
- Ginger garlic paste – 2tbsp
- Red chilli powder and Kashmiri Chilli powder – 2 tbsp (mix them together to form paste in a table spoon of water)
- Green chillies sliced – 4
- kokum – a few pieces soaked in water (Kudam puly)
- Curry leaves – a few sprigs
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
Mustard seeds, Fenugreek seeds, red dried chillies and Curry leaves.
Keep the kadai on the stove(traditional clay fish kadai would be ideal(Meenchatti)),when it gets heated pour oil and sputter the ingredients for seasoning. Now add the ginger garlic paste and saute well. When it is done add the chilli powder paste till the oil is separated. Now add kokum, green chillies, salt and 2 cups of water. Let it boil in simmer, when the gravy gets thickened add fish pieces, cook till you see oil on top! Garnish with curry leaves!