Hi all wonderful people. Today’s recipe is Kamal Kakdi. It is also known as Lotus stem and in my state Chhattisgrah it is known as Dhens. This is my mom’s recipe and it tastes yummy. Lotus stem has various health benefits. It has vitamin B, vitamin C, fiber and a good source of fiber too. There are many dish you can make from it like gravy, kofte, also you can simply fry it. Today I am making it in gravy. Let’s begin
- Kamal Kakdi- 250 Grams, Sliced
- Onion- 2 nos, medium size, Chopped
- Tomato- 4 nos, medium size, Chopped
- Chana Dal (Bengal gram spilt)- 1 cup, soaked in water
- Coriander leaves- 5 tbsp, chopped
- Garlic- 7-8 nos, chopped
- Green Chili- 5 nos, middle cut length wise
- Cumin seeds- 1 tbsp
- Tej patta(Bay leaf)- 4 nos
- Salt – to taste
- Dry Red Chili Powder- 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder- 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder- 2 tbsp
- Garam Masala- 1 tbsp
How To make Kamal Kakdi /Llotus Stem Gravy
- First wash lotus tem and peel it and slice it. Now we need to boil it so take a cooker add Lotus stem, half chopped onions, chana dal, half coriander leaves, salt, dry red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and 2 glass of water or as required. close cooker and put it on high flame. after 5-6 whistle off gas and keep it aside let it cool down
- Now once cooker cool down, heat oil in a deep pan and add cumin seed once it fried add garlic let it get brown color than add tej patta fry it.
- Now add green chilli let it fry than add onions. let fry and get bit softness.
- Now add tomatoes and coriander leaves together. let it cook well.
- Now open cooker and check your lotus stem are cooked now add all the cooker stuff to deep pan and cover it from top. Let it cook
- Check after 5-7 minutes if bubbles are coming than dont close pan. cook it open till the gravy become thick.
- Once gravy became thick add gram masala mix them well and cook it for another 5 minutes.
- Now it’s ready to serve have it with rice , roti.