Hello friends, Today’s dish is Fara. It is very famous breakfast of Chhattisgarh. Its made of leftover cooked rice.Generally people fry leftover rice with vegges. These days kids are very much demanding when it comes to food. They demand for new dishes everyday. Moms generally stuck what new dish i will make for my kids which they found new and delicious. Well you can try out Fara; it is very easy in cooking, you don’t need to be professional chef to cook it. Very simple and yummy homemade fara recipe for you. Lets begin.
- Leftover Cooked rice – 1 cup
- Rice flour – 1 and a half (1/2) cup
- Water – as required to make a dough
- Til / white sesame seeds – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Red chili flakes – 2 tbsp or to taste
How to make Fara/ Steamed Dumplings
- first add rice flour, water, salt and leftover rice, mix them well and make dough like below
- Now spread oil on you palms and take small pieces from dough and make a stick shapes(Fara)
- Once you done with making dough sticks, heat oil in a deep pan, add white sesame seeds and cover pan quickly.
- Now add Red chili flakes fry till it get a dark brown color.
- Now add one glass of water to pan,quickly add all your fara also and cover pan.
- Cook it for 7-8 minutes and open pan, you can see its bit steamed, now mix them.
- Cook it for few more minutes and its ready.
Now its ready to serve. best combination is with mango pickle, but you can also have it with green chutney.