Chinese Style Fried Chicken Recipe/Fried Chicken Recipe.
Hello buddies! Today I am sharing luscious version of Chinese style fried chicken recipe. we all love chicken to have chicken and this recipe contains succulent and juicy pieces of fried chicken. It is a simple fried chicken recipe at home.Chinese style fried chicken is also called as Fried chicken tikka recipe.
Here is a simple and easy recipe of chinese style fried chicken. I named this dish Chinese style as it contains chinese recipe ingredients like soya sauce, red chilli sauce and vinger in marinade. It is basically a chicken tikka fried recipe with some Chinese ingredients. This fried chicken can be had with szechuan sauce or tomato ketchup
A key to good fried chicken recipe are it marinade and its frying method which results into juicy and luscious fried chicken. The marinade contains maida/refined flour and cornflour which gives crispy cover to the chicken. Ginger and garlic paste adds to the taste and gives good aroma to chicken. Red chilli powder and kashmiri chilli powder provides spicy flavor and colour to the chicken. Soya sauce, vinegar and red chilli sause provides chinese flavour to the chicken.
Even frying method is important. While frying chicken place it in hot oil and immediately reduce the flame. Fry it for 5 minutes. Now flip the chicken to other side and increase the flame for 1 minute. After 1 minute reduce the flame and allow the chicken to fry for 4 minutes to another side. This well give crispy cover to the chicken and juicy flavour inside. Lets see how to make fried chicken tikka recipe at home.
For the purpose of measurement, 1 cup = 250ml.
- Chicken – 500 grams
- Maida/refined flour – 2 tbsp
- Cornflour – 6 tbsp
- Ginger-garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Kashmiri red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Soya sauce – 1/2 tbsp
- Red chilli sauce – 2 tbsp
- Vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Salt – To taste
How to make Chinese Style Fried Chicken.
- Clean and wash the chicken. Drain it well.
- Add maida/refined flour, corn flour, red chilli powder, kashmiri red chilli powder and ginger-garlic paste to the chicken.
- Add red chilli sauce to the chicken.
- Add soya sauce to the chicken.
- Add vinegar to the chicken.
- Add salt to the chicken.
- Mix everything well in order that marinade covers the chicken well. Use your hand to mix the marinade of the chicken instead of spoon. Cover the chicken and allow it to marinate for 1 – 2 hours.
- Heat a skillet. Add oil in the skillet. When the oil is hot place the marinade chicken. Reduce the flame and fry the chicken on one side for 5 minutes. Now increase the flame and toss the chicken to other side. Reduce the flame after 1 minute and for 4 minutes fry the chicken on low flame.
- When the chicken is fried on both the side well, remove it on tissue paper to drain excess oil. Do not over fry the chicken because it may get dry and loose it’s juicy flavor.
- Chinese style fried chicken is ready to serve. Decorate it with shredded cabbage and capsicum. Serve hot and enjoy!