How to make Bharwa Bhindi Recipe/Stuffed Bhindi Recipe/Stuffed Okra Recipe with step by step pictures.
Hi foodies! Here is an easy and mouth-watering bharwa bhindi/okra recipe for you. This recipe do not contains onion and garlic. This bharwa bhindi recipe is with coconut and groundnut. This recipe is easy to make but require little time to rinse, drain and wipe the bhindi including stuffing of masala in each bhindi.
Here I have used medium size bhindi for the reason that it cooks easily on low flame. You can use medium and small size bhindi to prepare bharwa bhindi recipe. Avoid the big size bhindi/lady finger as it takes more time to cook.
Bharwa bhindi masala conatins coarsely grinded roasted groundnut and sesame seeds, unsweetened coconut flakes, red chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder. You can also add garam masala powder to provide spicier flavor to the bhindi. This bharwa bhindi recipe is without onion.
Bharwa bhindi tadka contains black mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves which enhance the flavor, aroma and taste of the bharwa bhindi. Bharwa bhindi recipe are of different type where the stuffing varies. The stuffing can be made of onion, ginger , garlic, tomato and spices that to tastes delicious.
Stuffed crispy bhindi recipe is an excellent side dish with dal and rice and also with roti.
This recipe of Bharwa Bhindi yields 2 – 3 servings. For the purpose of measurement, 1 cup = 250ml.
- Bhindi/lady finger – 250 grams
- Black mustard seeds/rai – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds/jeera – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida/hing – ¼ tsp
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Groundnut/peanut – ½ cup
- Unsweetened coconut flakes – ½ cup
- Sesame seeds/til – ¼ cup
- Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric/haldi powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Oil – 3 tbsp
How to make Bharwa Bhindi/Stuffed Okra.
- Prep your ingredients.
- Wash and clean the whole bhindi/lady finger. Drain and wipe bhindi/lady finger with kitchen towel.
- Heat a pan and place groundnut into it. Roast the groundnut on medium flame.
- When the groundnut are roasted completely, remove it into a plate and allow it to cool down to room temperature.
- Now remove the cover of the groundnuts with the help of your hand. Place the roasted groundnuts and sesame seeds/til into a grinder and grind coarsely.
- Remove the coarsely grinded roasted groundnuts and sesame seeds into a plate.
- Now add unsweetened coconut flakes to the plate.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt to the plate.
- Now mix the masala stuffing well.
- Add oil to the masala mixture.
- Mix the oil with the masala mixture well.
- Trim the head and the base of all the bhindi/lady finger. Now slit the bhindi/lady finger vertically with the help of knife without splitting it into two parts.
- Stuff the masala mixture into the bhindi/lady finger with spoon or with your hand.
- One by one stuff all the bhindis/lady finger.
- Heat a skillet on medium flame and add oil to it.
- When the oil gets hot perform these next steps quickly. Place black mustard seeds to the hot oil.
- Add cumin seeds to the hot oil.
- Add asafoetida/hing to the hot oil.
- Add curry leaves to the hot oil and mix them well.
- Add stuffed bhindi to the skillet and mix it well. Cover the skillet with lid and allow it to cook for 5 minutes on low flame. After 5 minutes open the lid and again stir the bhindi cover it with lid and allow it to cook for another 5 minute on low flame.
- Open the lid and add the remaining masala mixture to the bhindi.
- Mix the masala mixture with bhindi well.
- Cover the skillet with lid and again allow it to cook for 5 minute on low flame.
- Bharwa bhindi is ready to serve. Serve hot with roti, dal and rice. Garnish it with curry leaves.