I am Rahana Rani To day I am Sharing North Indian Style Aloo(Potato) Chicken Curry recipe.It’s very tasty healthy and easy. So please try it very easy Pressur cooker recipe.
Aloo Chicken Spicy Curry
This curry works best with plain steamed rice or ghee rice and we don’t need anything else to cook that makes the work more easy. This Chicken and aloo it made in amazing little over 30 minutes from start to end in pressure cooker, can it get better than this?
You can see the oil floating on top but actually I added less oil but the pressure cooker does the magic and the oil floats on top. Also I used mustard oil in marination if you don’t have that then use your regular oil it works too. The curry is made with minimal and basic ingredients which we can always find in pantry so if you are in hurry then this curry suits best for you.
Gravy/curry is normally thin in this recipe but if you want to have thick gravy chopped onion. You can also try this recipe as it’s quick and easy or if you eat chicken curry . then it’s best option too to make this in 30 minutes, you can eat this with Rotti, Chappathi.Let’s make step by step
How To Make North Indian Style Spicy Aloo Chicken
Cuisine: North Indian
Prep Time: 15 Mins | Cook Time: 20 Mins | Total Time: 35 Minus
- Cleaned Boneless Chicken – 500 gms
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander Seeds Powder – 3 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Ginger ,Garlic Paste – 3 tbsp
- Afia Oil – 3 tbsp [You can use any other cooking oil too]
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Onion – 1 Large
- Aloo (Potato) – 1 Large
- Tomato – 1 Large
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Chopped Capsicum – 1/2
- Chopped Green chili- 2
- Pepper Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Salt – To Taste
- curry leaves
- Water – 2 Cups
- Cut the chicken pieces and wash
- Peel and chop aloo ( potato) in bite size pieces, slice onion and chop tomato.chop capsicum,chop green chili, chop coriander leaves, curry leaves keep in side
- In a pressure cooker heat oil add cumin seeds and allow to splutter.
- Add onion,green chili, capsicum and saute until soft, Add curry leaves and saute for a minute.
- Add red chili,pepper powder and mix well. Now add tomato, stir and cook for a minute.
- Add aloo, chicken, salt mix well and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add water now mix (adjust salt if required) close cooker and cook for 2 whistles, after that keep flame to slow and simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- If using cooker once steam start coming lower flame and let it steam for 5 minute.
- Allow pressure to release, open cooker and mix curry.
- Transfer in to a serving bowl and serve imediatly.
- Serve with steamed rice, ghee rice,rotti and chappathi
Enjoy Happy cooking and stay Healthy.