Tomato curry is a tasty side dish which can be served along with rice or with chapathi. Tomato curry with appam is also very popular combination. As I have told you before, we usually make chapathi for dinner and hence I prepare different curries to go with it. So few days back I made this simple tomato curry which was a tasty combination with chapathi. I served it for next day lunch along with rice and that too was very tasty. I have added coconut milk to this to increase the flavor and taste. You can avoid adding coconut milk if you don’t like it.. I usually make this curry when I don’t have enough vegetables at home to make an elaborate subzi, dal to go with chapathi. In that circumstance, this comes really easy, tasty and handy recipe.. Now take a look at the recipe..
How to Make Tomato curry
- oil – 1 tablespoon
- mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- curry leaves – few
- green chili – 2
- ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- onion – 2(sliced)
- turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- tomato – 4
- salt – to taste
- coconut milk – 3/4 cup
- water – 1/4 cup
- coriander leaves – 1 tablespoon (finely chopped)
Tomato curry Step by Step Instruction
1. In a pan heat oil, splutter mustard seeds. Once they splutter, add green chilies and curry leaves. Saute for a few seconds.
2. Now add sliced onions and saute till it turns light brownish in color. Next add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes off.
3. Next add all the dry powders and saute till the raw smell goes off.
4. Now add chopped tomatoes, salt and saute them till it becomes mushy and oil starts separating.
5. Then add 1/4 cup of water, let it boil, then reduce the flame, cover and cook for some time.
6. Finally, add coconut milk, mix well, cook for another 2 – 3 minutes in medium flame, turn off the flame.
7. Turn off the stove. Finally garnish with coriander leaves. Curry is ready.