TOMATO CHUTNEY തക്കാളി ചമ്മന്തി is one of the quickest and easiest chutney recipes that a beginner can cook easily and goes well with Idli, Dosa, Chapathi, Poori etc.
- Tomato – 2 big, chopped
- Onion – 3 medium, chopped
- Garlic – 1 clove (optional)
- Dry Red Chilli – 3 nos
- Urad Dal (white) – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 pinch
- Curry Leaves – 1 spring
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Asafetida powder – a pinch
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
METHOD OF COOKING :
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter curry leaves. Add urad dal, dry red chilli and sauté well for one minute on medium flame.
- Add onion, garlic (optional) and sauté well until onion turns light brown.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, asafetida and mix well.
- Add tomato, salt and continue sautéing until the tomato gets mashed and the oil comes on top.
- Switch off the flame, transfer it to an electric blender and grind to a smooth paste.
- Serve with Dosa, Idli, Chappati etc.
Recipe No. 70