Hello foodies, today I am sharing stuffed eggplant (Bharwa baingan) Recipe. There are different types of eggplants available in the market; I have used white eggplants to prepare this recipe. You can use any of the eggplant to make it. It’s very easy to cook. In India people have various style of cooking it according to state they belong to. Sharing my style to cook it,Let’s Begin
- White Eggplants- ½ kg, medium size
- Salt- to taste
- Coriander powder- 3 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder- 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala- 1 tbsp
- Water- to make paste
How to Make Stuffed Eggplant/ Bharwa Baingan
- Wash eggplants thrice and keep aside on a plate. Now cut top green part and split from middle part, shown in picture. Do it with all the eggplants.
- Now take a small bowl add salt, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and water, mix them well, and make a smooth paste, shown below.
- Now take a little portion of paste and stuff it in eggplants.
- Heat oil in a karahi and add eggplants, mix them carefully, cover it from top, and cook it in a low flame. Repeat this process until it fried and cooked well. Check pictures below.
- Now it’s ready to serve, I like it with rice and dal. It also goes well with chapatti (Fulka’s).
Do try it foodies and happy cooking.