Stuffed banana or pazham nirachathu is a very popular Malabar snack. It is a part of if-tar parties. Today i am putting this recipe because this is an eid special sweet and tasty cuisine. It is prepared by stuffing the banana with coconut filling. Once i bought from the hotel but it was with white sugar. I don’t like to have sweets with white sugar, so i tried this with jaggery. I used coconut oil to fry it . But if you like to have ghee,would be much tastier than this one. Move on to the recipe.
- Banana-4 nos
- Grated coconut 1 cup
- Jaggery-50 gram
- Cardamom-3 nos
- Cashew nuts-5 nos
- Raisins-10 nos
- Ghee-1 tsp
- Coconut oil-to deep fry
- All purpose flour-2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
How to Make Stuffed Banana
- Peel off the banana’s skin and cut into 2 pieces
- Make a slit on one side of the banana
- Roast the cashew and raisins in ghee and keep aside
- Make jaggery syrup
- Add grated coconut,cardamom and roasted dry fruits in it.
- Stuff the coconut mixture in the slit.
- Make a thick mixture of flour and add salt.
- Seal the slit with the batter.
- Heat the oil and put the banana into it.
- Flip it when one side is golden colour.
- When both sides are cooked drain the oil and keep it in a tray.