Hi i am shemeena today i am sharing with you my masala prawns recipe. The tropical Indian signature food, prawn masala is made with stewing the prawns. You can make it at home as well by following some easy steps. Prawn is the main ingredient so you will need fresh prawns for it. Next you can make it just like any Indian spicy curry by blending it with herbs and spice mix in a pan and it will be ready in no time.
Prawns are not only a good protein source, they are also rich in calcium, iodine and zinc. We know that prawns contain sodium from sea water, however the nutritional benefit we can get from this seafood is much greater than the negative
- Medium prawns shelled and deveined – 500 gm
- Turmeric powder – half teaspoon
- Refined oil – 2 tbl spoon
- Caraway seeds – 1 tspoon
- Garlic cloves chopped – 5
- Chopped onion – 1 nos
- Red chilli paste – 2 table spoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Tomato ketchup – 2 table spoon
- Vinegar – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves – 1 table spoon chopped
- Salt to taste
H0W TO MAKE SPICY MASALA PRAWNS
- Clean and wash the prawns and de-vein them. Add turmeric powder and mix it well. Leave it for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan medium flame on stove. When oil is hot add caraway seeds and saute till the seeds change colour
- Add garlic and chopped onion saute well
- Add red chilli paste and coriander powder and mix well
- Add prawns and toss well and simmer for 10 minutes
- add tomato ketchup vinegar and mix well
- switch off the stove and add chopped coriander leaves and mix it well.
- Now our spicy masala prawns is ready to serve to hot….enjoy