Puli Inji is a traditional side dish of Kerala. Usually serves in sadya. It is very delicious because it contains sweetness sourness and spicy. It helps in digestion because ginger helps to increase the blood flow. Ginger is an antioxidant and it prevents the production of gas in the intestine. This dish is an essential part of celebrations. We can keep puli inji till one week outside without getting damage.
- Ginger-200 gm
- Jaggery-lemon size
- Tamarind-1 lemon size
- Asafotida-1 tsp
- Green chilly-3
- Chilly powder-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Red chilly-3
- Mustard-1 tsp
- Curry leaves-4 sprigs
How to Make Puli Inji
- Clean and cut ginger into small pieces.
- Soak tamarind in water for 1/2 an hour. Strain and keep aside.
- Take a pan and splutter mustard seeds,add red chilly and curry leaves.
- Add ginger and green chilly. Saute till it is golden brown.
- Add red chilly powder, turmeric, asafoetida, jaggery and salt into it.
- Boil in very low flame until the contents become semi thick.