Today, I am sharing another chutney recipe which is made with peanuts. Peanuts are very healthy and with peanuts , coconut and other spices, you can make delicious chutney which can be served with idly / dosa. Now to the recipe..
peanuts / kadala – 1/2 cup
green chilly – 2
garlic – 4
ginger – 1 small piece
coconut (scraped) – 1 tablespoon
tamarind – little
salt – to taste
oil – 1 teaspoon
mustard seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
urud dal – 1/2 teaspoon
red chilly – 1
curry leaves – few
1. Roast peanuts nicely and remove the skin. (Remove the skin as far as possible).
2. Heat one teaspoon of oil in a kadai, and then add garlic, ginger and green chilly and saute till the raw smell of garlic goes off.
3. In a mixer jar, add coconut, green chillies, garlic, ginger, green chillies and grind it well. You will get it in a powdered form. Then add water and grind it to a smooth paste.
4. In a pan heat oil, splutter mustard seeds and then add the ingredients given under ” for seasoning”. Add it to the chutney.
5. Serve it with idli / dosa.