Paneer bhurji recipe – easy and tasty North Indian style paneer dish. Not only that, it is one of the popular Indian dishes which can be prepared in a jiffy. It takes less than 20 minutes for the entire preparation and you get a wonderful dish which can be paired with bread, chapati or roti.
I make this bhurji very often as a side dish for bread or chapati. You can stuff this scrambled paneer into bread and toast it well to make paneer bhurji sandwich. It tastes great as a snack.
This is also one easy dish which can be prepared for lunch box. Kids would definitely enjoy it with some chapati.
Let us see how to make paneer bhurji recipe with step by step pics.
Paneer bhurji recipe
paneer – 100 grams
onion – 1 small
green chili – 1 small
cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
bay leaf – 1/2
ginger garlic paste – 1/2 teaspoon
turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
red chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
tomato – 1 small finely chopped
garam masala – 1/4 teaspoon
salt – to taste
coriander leaves – few
How to make paneer bhurji recipe
1. Crumble paneer. Keep it aside.
2. In a pan, heat oil. Add bay leaf and saute for a second. Then add cumin seeds and wait till it sizzles.
3. Add finely chopped onion and saute till they turn translucent.
4. Add ginger garlic paste and saute in medium flame till the raw smell of ginger garlic goes off.
5. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and saute till the raw smell goes off.
6. Add finely chopped tomatoes and saute again on medium flame till the tomatoes get cooked well and they become mushy. Add salt at this stage, mix well.
7. Now add crumbled paneer and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes. Finally add chopped coriander leaves, mix well and then turn off the flame.