Hi foodies how are you all? Today I tried Mirch ka salan. It is a Hyderabadi dish. I always think that instead of some common snacks what can we prepare from these thick green chilies? So finally I got this Mirich ka salan. After trying this I just loved it and my family too like it very much. Even my mom wants to have it again. It’s really a happy and precious moment when appreciation come from my mother. Let’s begin
- Thick and large Green Chili- 250 grams, Vertical Split
- Tomatoes – 2 small, finely chopped
- onions – 2 medium size, chopped
- Sesame Seeds (Til)- 1/2 cup
- Poppy seeds (khus khus)- 2 tbsp
- Peanut- 1/2 cup
- Coconut powder- 1/2 cup
- Cumin Seeds- 1 tbsp
- Dry Red Chili- 2 nos
- Red Chili powder- 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder- 1/2 tbsp
- Ginger- 1 tbsp, roughly chopped
- Garlic – 6 cloves
- Lemon- 1 nos
- Curry Leaves- 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil- as required
- Water- 2 cups
- Coriander Leaves- 4 tbsp, chopped
How to make Mirch Ka Salan
- First prepare roasted masala. Heat deep pan and add peanut, poppy seeds, coconut powder, cumin seeds to roast. Roast it well. After roasting ad this in a mixer jar. and grind it well.
- Now roast onions, once it became brownish means it roasted well, after it roast ginger and garlic. Now add roasted onions, garlic, ginger to mixer jar and grind it to smooth paste.
- After that wash all the thick green chilies and split it vertically. Heat oil in a deep pan and fry all the chilies, once it fried take it out in a plate and keep it aside.
- Now add dry red chili to deep pan, fry it and add curry leaves mix it and add roasted masala which we prepare earlier, add them and cook it well.
- Now add tomatoes cook it well
- After that add red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix them well and add coriander leaves.
- After it add lemon juice and water mix it well.
- Add green chilies to gravy and cook it till your gravy became thick
yummy mirch ka salan is ready. Have it with rice, chapati, paratha.