Omelette/omelet is a dish made with eggs along with oil, ghee or butter. Today here am going to show u a fluffy one side omelette with chopped vegetables and cheese. Its a very rich omelette. An indian omelette usually consist of chopped green chillies, onions, corriander leaves etc, it can also called as a masala omelette. Eggs are beaten in a hand blender until frothy, and combined with salt and pepper powder. Pour half of this egg batter to a frying pan, then add veggies and cheese slightly cook for 1 minute in a very low flame. Then pour the remaining batter, add veggies and cheese cook for 3 minutes in a very low flame, and covered the pan with a lid. It can served along with tomato ketchup. This omelette is my kids all time favourite. Now lets see how i am going to make this fluffy omelette.
Here I have used home grown country hen eggs, so the dish have got a natural yellow colour. It help the recipe to enhance its taste and colour.
Layered Cheese Omelette Recipe
- Eggs – 3
- Cheese- 50 gram, grated
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper powder-1tsp
- Tomato-1, finely chopped
- Green capsicum- 1, finely chopped
- Green chillies- 2 , finely choppes
- Dry red chillies- 2, finely chopped
- Onion- 1 small, finely chopped
- Refined oil/ghee- 1tsp
How to Make Layered Cheesy Omelette with Veggies
- Beat the eggs along with salt and pepper.
- Preferably use a hand blender for a fluffy omelette. Beat it for 5- 7 minutes and keep it aside.
- Now chop all the veggies needed and mix all together. Equally divide this into two portion. Keep it aside.
- Grate cheese and keep it aside.
- Heat a frying pan with 1 tsp ghee.
- Now pour half of the egg batter to the frying pan. Turn the heat to very low.
- Now sprinkle half of the veggies on the top of egg batter and sprinkle grated cheese.
- Now keep this in a very low heat for 1 minute, so that the cheese will melt to all sides. Then pour the remaining egg batter.
- Sprinkle the remaining veggies and cheese on top of this, and keep it in very low flame for 5 minutes and cook. Cover the pan with a lid.
- Now transfer the omelette to a plate.
- Cut it and serve along with tomato ketchup.
- Enjoy !!