Hi there dear foodies! Looking for a nice Chinese recipe today? Well lucky day! Today, it’s the recipe of stir-fried veggies cooked with orange juice. It is bursting with oriental flavors of ginger-garlic, soy sauce and chilies. As it has so many fresh vegetables and it teams up perfectly with brown rice and noodles alike. I like having it with egg fried rice.
I added the vegetables I had at the moment in my refrigerator. You can add the vegetables of your choice- French beans, baby-corn, broccoli or mushroom.
- Onion – 1 medium, sliced
- Ginger – 1 tbsp, julienned
- Garlic – 2 tbsp, minced
- Capsicum – 1, cut into dices
- Red bell pepper – 1, cut into small pieces
- Carrot – 1 medium, diced
- Green peas – ½ cup, boiled
- Cauliflower – 1/2 cup, cut into small florets and blanched
- Cabbage – 1/2 cup, shredded
- Green chilies- 4, split lengthwise
- Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
- Chili-garlic sauce – 1 tbsp
- Vinegar – 1/2 tbsp
- Tomato paste – 1 tbsp
- Palm sugar – 1 tsp
- Salt- To taste
- Orange juice – 50 ml
- Oil – 3 tbsp
How to Make Indo-Chinese Style Stir-Fried Veggies
- In a wok, heat oil. Toss in the sliced onions and sauté for a minute on high heat. Add ginger and garlic and fry for a minute till the raw smell disappears.
- Throw in the green chilies, capsicum and red bell peppers and sauté for another minute.
- Add in the remaining vegetables and salt. Sauté the vegetables for a minute, occasionally tossing them.
- It’s time to add the soya sauce, chili-garlic sauce, vinegar, tomato paste and stir it around well. Cook for a couple of minutes tossing it.
- When the vegetables are cooked, pour in the orange juice. Add the palm sugar and adjust the salt. Give it a quick stir. Allow the vegetables to soak in the flavor of orange juice. However, do not dry it up entirely. Turn off the heat and serve hot!
Enjoy the stir-fried veggies hot with hakka noodles, ginger noodles or rice!