Hey dearies! Today I am sharing a healthy breakfast recipe. It’s a pancake recipe. These pancakes are made from whole moong bean and instant oats, which makes them so healthy. It has a very good taste from the garlic and yogurt. The combo of spicy and slightly sour is awesome!
These pancakes can be made in a jiffy. You only need to have moong sprouts at hand. The recipe is like a breeze and your family would love it. It will keep them full and feeling energized. This pancake recipe has a perfect balance of protein, carbs and fats. Now let’s get to the green moong and oats recipe with step by step pictures. For the purpose of measurement, 1 cup = 250 ml. This recipe yields 4 to 5 pancakes.
- Moong sprouts – 1 and 1/2 cup
- Instant oats – 3/4 cup
- Yogurt – 3/4 cup
- Water – 3/4 cup or as needed
- Garlic – 10 cloves if they are small
- Green chilies – 3 or to taste, finely chopped
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – a handful
- Besan – 3 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Hot oil – 1 tbsp
- Some more oil – to roast the pancake
How to Make Moong and Oats Pancakes
- Start off by grinding together moong sprouts, green chilies, garlic and cumin seeds. Use little water if need be. Don’t grind it to a very smooth paste. There should be some grain in the mixture.
- Take yogurt in a bowl and whisk it well.
- Add oats to it.
- Add water slowly, little by little and mix well so that there are no lumps. Add in salt, sugar and besan. I forgot to take a picture while adding besan.
- Add the ground moong paste.
- Add in the hot oil. Mix well.
- The consistency of the batter should be thick yet spreadable. Cover the bowl and allow the batter to rest for 30 minutes so that the oats get soaked well. If the batter is too thick after resting, add a few tbsp of water.
- Properly heat a tawa/griddle, preferably a non-stick one.Smear some oil. Pour a ladle of batter that would be enough to make a 6 or 7 inch pancake that is fairly thick. It is thick like uttapam. Spread the batter quickly using the back of the ladle. Pour 1 tbsp oil around the edges and onto the pancake as well. Let it cook on medium to low heat. Don’t skimp on the oil. These pancakes taste great when roasted with peanut oil. It lends a nice flavor.
- Flip and allow it to cook nicely and get golden brown spots.
- It takes around 8 minutes for a pancake to get cooked perfectly.
- Remove it onto a plate. Serve hot with ketchup or pickle. Enjoy!