Fish Moly is very simple and easy coconut based curry. Its a very light curry, very close to the recipe of stew. In this curry the main ingredients are fish and coconut milk. Its a low spiced curry, so the flavour of the fish dominates the taste of curry. So fresh fish are usually used to make fish moly/fish stew. This curry is one of my kids favourite curry, because it is so creamy and mild. I also love this curry along with rice. This dish usually prepare with green chillies and pepper powder , so its light yellow colour makes it so attractive as well. The fish used for this curry can range anything from kingfish to any fish that is fleshy. Its a mild dish best served with Appam & rice.
Fish Moly Recipe
- Onion- 1, chopped
- Tomato- 3, sliced
- Ginger- 1 tsp, chopped
- Garlic- 1 tsp, chopped
- Black pepper powder- 1 tsp
- Corriander powder- 1 tbsp
- Thick Coconut milk- 1 cup
- Thin Coconut milk- 1 and 1/2 cup
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds- 1 tsp
- Curry leaves- 3 sprig
- Green chillies- 4, spilt into lenght wise
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt- to taste
- Tuna Fish/any other fleshy fish-1/2 kg, cut into cubes
- Turmeric Powder- 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice- 2 tsp
- Salt- to taste
How to Make Fish Moly
- Wash fish with salt and clean it. Marrinate the fish with the ingredients listed under ‘For Marrination’. Keep it aside for 3o minutes.
- Heat a frying pan, pour coconut oil. Slightly shallow fry the fish for 5 minutes. Keep it aside.
- Heat a clay pot, pour 1 tbsp coconut oil. Splutter the mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- Add the ginger, garlic chopped saute for a minute.
- Now add the chopped onions, saute till it becomes soft and translucent.
- Add the green chillies and curry leaves. Add corriander powder and pepper powder, saute for one minute till raw smell disappears.
- Add the thinest Coconut milk. Allow it to boil.
- Now add the tomatoes, and slighty fried fish cover it and cook. The fish is half done while frying, so should cook it for another couple of minutes only.
- Now add the thick coconut milk, put the flame on medium low for a minute and gently shake the clay pot, that its get combine well.
- Add a little coconut oil and curry leaves on the top.
- Serving this along with bread
- Enjoy !!