Today, I am sharing an easy to make egg recipe – egg bhurji or mutta upperi as we call in Malayalam. It is very easy to make and can be served for breakfast or for dinner. I made it for lunch and served it along with pepper rasam. Now, to the recipe..
eggs – 2
onion – 1
tomato – 1
ginger – one small piece
turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
red chilly powder – 1/4 teaspoon
garam masala – 1/4 teaspoon
salt – as required
oil – 1 tablespoon
1. Finely chop onion, tomato, green chilly and keep it aside. Crush ginger and keep aside.
2. Break eggs, pour it into bowl. Add salt and beat well.
3. In a pan, heat oil. When oil is hot enough, add chopped onion and saute well till it turns translucent in color.
4. Then add green chilly, crushed ginger and saute for few more seconds. Then add chopped tomatoes and saute well till tomatoes turns mushy.
5. Now add the beaten eggs and keep stirring. Keep stirring continuously otherwise the eggs will cook and will stick to the bottom.
6. Stir nicely and break the big pieces. If you find that the eggs are sticking to the bottom, add little more of oil.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves.
8. Serve it with rice, pav or with chapathi.