Hi all Today’s recipe is Dhokla in idli maker , It is my mom’s recipe. I always heard of traditional dhokla making process. Wanted to try that too but I don’t have those utensils. One day I was discussing with mom that I noticed that your dhokla shapes are triangles instead of rectangles; than my mom told she made it in idli maker that’s why the shapes are triangles. So all the people who don’t have utensils of dhokla not to worry we have idli maker to cook it. Idli maker is easily available in ones kitchen. Let’s begin
- Rice- 2 cups,
- Bengal Gram Spilt (Chana Dal)- 1 cup
- Curry leaves- 2 tbsp
- Green Chili- 5 nos, chopped
- Mustard Seeds- 1tbsp
- Baking Soda- 1 tbsp
- Salt- to taste
- Turmeric powder- 1 tbsp
- Oil- 3 tbsp
How to make Dhokla in Idli Maker
- First wash rice and Chana dal thrice and soak it in water over night.
- In the morning take mixer jar and add small quantity of soaked rice and chana dal; grind it to smooth paste and take in out in a bowl. Do this procedure with rest of the soaked rice and chana dal
- Keep this smooth thick smooth batter whole day. At night you can see it increased. Now at night add salt, turmeric powder and baking soda to the thick smooth batter. mix them well.
- Now take idli maker , add two glass of water on idli container, cover it and heat it on high flame.
- Now put oil on idli pan and add small quantity of thick batter.
- Check idli container water must be boiling, now put idli pans on it and cover it from top. Cook it 15-20 minutes on high flame.
- Now open idli maker check dhoklas are steamed. wait for few minutes and with the help of knife take out all the steamed dhoklas on a plate. Let it cool down a bit. Then cut it into small pieces
- Heat oil on a deep pan, add mustard seeds once it splatter add green chilies and let it fry. Then add curry leaves let if also fry.
- Now add your small pieces of steamed dhokla and fry it till it became crispy and red.
Now your yummy dholka is ready to serve. I Have it with tamarinds (imli) sauce. You can have it with traditional dips like imli chutney, green chutney , curd and sweet tamarind chutney.