Crunchy Khuskhus Airsa is a sweet from Chhattisgarh. It is our modified version of moist airsa. In this modified version of airsa crunch comes because of the khuskhus. I like it very much compare to moist airsa. When I was a kid I stick to kitchen when mom prepare airsa, later I always help in frying it. Today also me and mom both prepared it together. Lets begin
- Rice- 1kg, Soaked
- Jaggery (Gudh) – 750 grams
- Khuskhus (poppy Seed)- 4 tbsp
- Water- 1/2 cup
- Oil- Required to Fry
- Coconut powder- 1 tbsp
How to make Chrunchy Khuskhus Airsa
- Wash rice three times and soak it all night. Take a cotton cloth in the morning and spred all the rice on it and on the fan , let it be dry.
- Once your rice dried; add some quantity of rice to the mixer jar and grind it to smooth powder
- Sieve flour on a big container, so that you can contain a smoothest flour from the grinded one. do it with rest of the rice as well. Now keep the rice flour container aside.
- Next step is to prepare jaggery syrup. Add jaggery and water in a deep pan boil it on a high flame. After few minutes test the jaggery syrup. To test it take a small plate and add half of the water on it and drop a little of jaggery syrup, now with the help of your finger move it aside. If it moves clearly your jaggery syrup is ready.
- Add syrup to rice flour, make a dough with it and put some oil on your hand palm, apply it over dough.
- Now heat oil for deep fry.
- Now make flat round shapes from dough.
- Now apply khuskhush on both the sides of flat round shape.
- Take a puri maker, put two thick square plastic on it and put round shape under the plastic, close and press the puri maker.
- Now deep fry it on high flame.
- Then take it out on a container which has holes, dont forget to put deep container under the container.
- Cool it down, and you can keep it till one month as after one month it will become more dry.
- Its ready now, sprinkle coconut powder before eating.