A dry dish using fresh Prawns tossed in hot chilli sauce and mildly spiced with black pepper, bell pepper and green chillies. It’s a simple recipe without deep frying or shallow frying the Prawns. So, the oil consumption is very minimum !!
- Fresh Prawns – 500 gm
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
- Green Chilli – 3 nos, slit
- Celery, finely chopped – 1 tbsp
- Spring Onion, finely chopped – 1 handful
- Red Chilli Power – 1 tsp
- Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Corn flour – 1 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Red and Green Bell pepper, cubed – 1 cup
- Onion – 2 nos, cubed
- Chilli Sauce – 1 tbsp or to taste
- Soya Sauce – 1 tbsp or to taste
- Tomato Sauce – 1 tbsp or to taste
- Fish Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
METHOD OF COOKING :
- Clean and devein the Prawns.
- Heat oil in a wok, add ginger-garlic paste, green chilli and sauté well.
- Add sliced Onion, Celery and continue sautéing until the onion gets half cook.
- Add cleaned Prawns, Red Chilli Powder, Salt and mix well.
- Increase the flame to high and add Soya Sauce, Tomato Sauce, Fish Sauce, Chilli Sauce and sauté well for 3 to 4 minutes until the Prawns get cook.
- Add Lemon Jiuce, Sugar, sliced Bell Pepper, Pepper Powder and toss well for few seconds. Make sure the Bell Pepper should not over cook.
- Mix the Corn Flour in 50 ml water, add to the Prawns and mix well for few seconds
- Switch off the flame and spread the chopped Spring Onion on top.
- Yummy spicy Chilli Prawns is ready.
- Serve it hot with any kind of Roti, Pulao or Fried Rice.
- Do not overcook the Prawns, it will become rubbery.
- Do not overcook the Bell Peppers, it will loose its color and taste
- Add very less salt or even do not add salt, as all the sauces are already salty.
Recipe No. 417