Today’s recipe is yet another Indo chinese dish which is very easy to make at home – Chilli paneer. Most of us might have tasted chilli paneer in the restaurant. But it is very easy to make at home. Easy, tasty and healthy.
Here I am sharing a dry version of chilli paneer, but you can also make it in a gravy form. Also, this dish can be made with home made paneer. With homemade paneer, it tastes great, but if you don’t have homemade paneer, you can use store bought ones.
There is one thing which is very important and needs to be taken care of. Always while cooking paneer, don’t cook it for a long time. Otherwise, it will turn rubbery and hard.
Serve chilli paneer with veg fried rice, egg noodles, egg fried rice, hakka noodles or plain as such as a starter.
Chilli paneer recipe
corn flour – 3 tablespoons
maida – 1 1/2 tablespoon
garlic – 1 -2 crushed
salt – 1/2 teaspoon
chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
for chilli paneer:
paneer – 200 grams
capsicum – 1 diced
onion – 1 diced
oil – 2 tablespoons
green chilies – 3 – 4
soya sauce – 2 teaspoon
crushed garlic – 1 teaspoon
vinegar – 1/2 teaspoon
chili sauce – 1 teaspoon
tomato sauce – 1 1/2 tablespoon
pepper powder – 1/4 teaspoon
sugar – 1/2 teaspoon
salt – 1/2 teaspoon
ajinomotto – 1/4 teaspoon
How to make chilli paneer
1. In a bowl, add maida, corn flour, red chili powder, salt and mix well. Add little water and make it into thick batter. The batter should be of coating consistency. To this add crushed garlic and mix well.
2. Cut paneer into cubes and keep aside. Cut capsicum, deseed them, dice it and keep it aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Dip the paneer cubes into the batter and when the oil is hot enough, gently slide the paneer pieces into the hot oil and fry till golden brown. Remove the paneer pieces using a slotted spoon and transfer it to an absorbent paper to drain excess oil.
4. Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot enough, add slit green chilies and crushed garlic. Saute on low flame till it the raw smell goes off.
5. Add diced onion, diced capsicum and saute for a few more minutes.
6. Saute on high flame till they become soft. Reduce the flame, add salt, sugar and pepper powder. Mix well.
7. Now add chili sauce, soya sauce, vinegar and tomato sauce. Mix well. To this add 2 tablespoons of water and mix until all the sauces get mixed well. Mix until they start thickening
8. Add fried paneer pieces, mix well and then turn off the flame. Serve chilli paneer hot.