Cashew chutney is a sweet and spicy chutney. The taste of asafoetida makes it unique among chutneys. It is very easy to make. The ingredients used to make this is very simple and always available in our houses. This is hyderabad special chutney goes well with dosa or idly. Some will add long tamarind to make it. But i like to make it without. Already sourness of tomato is there.
- Cashew nuts-5
- Ginger chopped-1 tsp
- Red chilly-2
- Salt -to taste
- Coconut oil-1 tbsp
- Curry leaves -1 sprig
- asafoetida powder-1 pinch
- jaggery-1 tsp
How to Make Cashew Chutney
- Soak cashew nuts in water for 10 minutes to soften the nuts.
- Put oil in a pan splutter mustard seeds.
- Add onion,ginger,cashew and red chilly. Saute it for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato, jaggery and asafoetida. Saute well till it turns golden yellow.
- Add salt. Allow it to cool.
- Grind it in a small jar till gets a fine paste.