Dear friends, Today i am sharing caramel custard recipe. For preparing Caramel custard there are two methods, one is non-baking method and the other one is baking method. Here i have chosen the non-baking method for preparing the recipe. But don’t worry those who want the baking method, because i am sharing that too.Caramel Custard is one of the few custard recipes, that I am absolutely fond of. Its also called as Caramel Pudding. Cook the caramel custard at home and sample dollops of tasty stuff without looking out for anything expensive in the market.A perennially popular pudding. It is easy to make and does not much of your time. The ingredients are simple and easily available in your kitchen. The texture of this dish is so magnificent and mouthwatering. Not a very sweet dish but enough for a sweet craving. It’s simple and yum. Also excellent for the convalescent.Served warm or chilled, this caramel-glazed classic is both a comforting and elegant dessert.
Caramel Custard/Caramel Pudding Recipe – Non Baking Method And Baking Method.
- Sugar -2 cups
- Egg – 3 nos
- Milk – 500 ml
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Aluminium foil paper
How To Make Caramel Custard/Caramel Pudding – Non Baking Method And Baking Method.
- Our first step is to prepare the Carmel.Caramel is nothing but making the sugar syrup until it turns brown. For that we have to boil 1/4 cup of water with 1 cup of sugar.Dissolve sugar and water together until caramelized. Here my picture shows the boiling water and sugar together. And the second picture shows the definite caramelized sugar pored and spread into the mould.
- Our second step is to preparation for the custard. For that take a bowl, in that add the eggs and 50 gms sugar together and beat well.
- Into the above mix now we have to the milk, again beat well.
- Now we have to add the vanilla extract into the beaten mix. again mix it well.
- Here our custard is ready to cook. We have to strain our custard mix by using a stain. It helps our custard to be more smooth. After that pour the mix into the caramel bowl.
- Our next step is Cover with grease proof paper or aluminium foil. Secure firmly with a string if needed.Place the mould into the double boiler with some water. Be very careful here again. A suggestion is…… close the flame of the boiling water and then place the mould in the pan.The boiling water should be up-to ⅓rd of the mould. Cover the pan with a lid and steam for 20 mins on a medium flame.Make sure that during steaming, the water does not dry. If required, add more water.After 20 mins, test the centre of the caramel pudding with a knife. If the knife comes out clean, the pudding is done…… or else you will have to cook if for some more time.This is the non baking method
- Here i am sharing a method those who wants to bake. Here instead of placing double boiler, we are using oven. After following all the above procedure, just follow this. Fill a large baking pan with 1-inch of hot water. Place custard cups in the water bath and bake for about 45 to 50 minutes, or until just set. Cool in the baking pan until they reach room temperature. Remove from water bath and chill. To serve, quickly turn each cup over onto an individual serving plate. The sugar will have turned into a delicious syrupy glaze.
- Allow the pudding to cool a little. Now we come to the unmoulding part. Keep the serving dish or plate on top of the mould. Gently turn the serving down, so that the mould comes on top of the serving dish.For an extra treat, serve with fruit and whipped cream.
- Here you can enjoy the delicious caramel custard !!!